ECM for KDE SC 4.10?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 20:58:51 UTC 2012

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> > Something else I'm thinking about is to raise the minimum required
>> > cmake version for KDE 4 to cmake 2.8.6 maybe, to be able to use all the
>> > new features.
>>
>> Seems like a good idea.
>
> When would be a good time to do it ?
>
> Alex

I'd almost prefer requiring 2.8.8 for this requirement bump instead.

There were several bugs fixed in the automoc stuff, and it will mkae it
possible for us to port KDE4 code to the qt4_use_modules function, which
will make transitioning to Qt 5/KF5 easier.

As much as possible, I think we should encourage porting to the modern way
of CMake code in KDE4 lifetime, so that porting to Qt 5/KF5 can be about
porting C++ code, not the buildsystem (those two tasks are quite
orthogonal). Porting from KDE4 to Qt 5 then will be something just like
changing qt4_use_modules to qt5_use_modules.

Thanks,

Steve.