[kdelibs/KDE/4.10] cmake/modules: CMake: remove files now coming with cmake 2.8.8

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Oct 31 19:38:06 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 31 October 2012, Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 30 October 2012 20:18:15 Alex Neundorf wrote:
> > Git commit 903ce6b2ee9bc09cabfb5ca36d82d50db986c7a6 by Alex Neundorf.
> > Committed on 27/10/2012 at 16:59.
> > Pushed by neundorf into branch 'KDE/4.10'.
> >
> > CMake: remove files now coming with cmake 2.8.8
> >
> > It seems these are the only files which are fully source
> > compatible in kdelins and cmake :-/
> >
> > Basically any files listed here:
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Development/ECM_SourceIncompatChanges
> > must be kept in kdelibs 4.x to keep source compat.
> >
> > Full list of files is here:
> > http://community.kde.org/KDE_Core/Platform_11/Buildsystem/FindFilesSurvey
> >
> > Alex
> >
> > D  +0    -25   cmake/modules/FindBoost.cmake
> > D  +0    -73   cmake/modules/FindFreetype.cmake
>
> Although trivial to fix, removing FindFreetype.cmake from kdelibs causes a
> kde- workspace build failure due to an incompatible change upstream:
>
> In file included from /usr/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:39:0,
>                  from /kde/src/kdebase/kde-
> workspace/kcontrol/kfontinst/lib/FcEngine.cpp:40:
> /usr/include/ft2build.h:56:38: fatal error: freetype/config/ftheader.h: No
> such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
>
> The kdelibs FindFreetype.cmake was setting FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR while the
> cmake one sets a FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_freetype2 (using CMake 2.8.9)

${FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR} should not have been used, the one to be used is
${FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIRS} . This is also what should be used in the version
coming with cmake.
${FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_ft2build} and ${FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_freetype2} may be
used, but only if you really explicitely need just those.
If you simply need the include dirs for freetype, use
${FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIRS}. This works with the kde version and with the cmake
version.

I almost think that breaking source compatibility for a variable which is
explicitely documented as internal is acceptable...