CMake 2.8.8 will be required for kdelibs 4.10 starting October 30th

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 18:34:14 UTC 2012

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Friday 26 October 2012, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> On Thursday 18 October 2012, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > in kdelibs we require since more than 2 years cmake .2.6.4, since then
>> > many improvements and fixes have gone into cmake, and we cannot make
>> > use of them.
>>
> Ok, I pushed this change to the kdelibs 4.10 branch.

Thanks.

So what can we now do in kde buildsystems to modernize them and make them
ready for KF5?

 * Use find_package instead of macro_optional_find_package?
 * Port from macro_feature_log to set_package_properties?
 * Port to CMAKE_AUTOMOC? Would probably require a way to disable automoc4.
 * Use set(CMAKE_LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES "") as kde4_add_library does.
 * Port to GenerateExportHeader?

I'm thinking of doing these things for kdepimlibs master.

Thanks,

Steve.