Recommended FoobarConfig(Version).cmake.in file location

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Mar 5 21:07:38 UTC 2012

On Friday 02 March 2012, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2012-03-02, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:
> > Is it okay (or are there better suggestion in order) to put the config
> > files about libraries and platforms into the cmake/modules subfolder
> > as previously most of the projects, I have ever seen, did that with
> > the FindFoobar.cmake modules ? I am a bit confused since the dedicated
> > example does not present it that way:
> > https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdeexamples/repository/revisions/ma
> > ster/show/buildsystem/HowToInstallALibrary
> >
> > I am sorry for the newbie question, and thank you in advance!
>
> I'd be surprised if I had to look other places than the topleveldir or
> toplevel/src for those files. They are not part of the build system.
> They are part of the shipped development files.

Yes, mostly.
In other words: the files in cmake/modules/ are files which could come in
theory with cmake.
If the files are related to the current project, like the Config.cmake.in
files, or a ConfigureChecks.cmake which contains a bunch of e.g.
check_include_files() statements, I wouldn't put them into cmake/modules/, but
into the normal source dir.

Or do you mean the installed location ?