Review Request: properly pass the NOGUI flag

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Tue Jul 31 17:40:24 UTC 2012

On Monday, July 30, 2012 21:51:02 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Monday 30 July 2012, David Faure wrote:
> > On Monday 30 July 2012 04:20:18 Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> > > As for "who uses NOGUI",
> > > http://lxr.kde.org/search?filestring=&string=kde4_add_unit_test+NOGU
> >
> > NOGUI seems to be missing in KDE Frameworks / extra-cmake-modules
> > though.
> > (unrelated to this review request, but it reminded me to bring this up)
>
> The idea is that this is not necessary anymore.
> Instead there is a global flag to enable the GUI stuff for Windows and OSX,
> added to cmake in 2.8.8.
>
> Stephen, is this right ?

Yes, but what David wants is the opposite. We globally set

set(CMAKE_WIN32_EXECUTABLE ON)

in kde-modules/KDECMakeSettings.cmake

and the macro in modules/ECMMarkNonGuiExecutable.cmake

can be used to disable it. So, replace NOGUI with

ecm_mark_nongui_executable(the_target)

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer