Release Script (KF5)

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Jul 18 10:01:28 UTC 2012

On Thursday, July 12, 2012 20:00:27 Michael Jansen wrote:
> > > Do you really think forcing an update of unchanged modules for our
> > > convenience will help those of us trying to use plasma for mobile
> > > devices?
> >
> > That's the work of the distributor for those mobile devices.
>

> Exactly as i said. For our convenience we put the work on their shoulders.
> This will hurt the plasma mobile effort.

FWIW, that assumption is wrong: Having version numbers be in line with each
other makes our work easier, because we can just check if all packages are at
least at version X.Y.Z and don't need special knowledge about which packages
did indeed have commits in a certain period.

That's no different from normal distribution.
--
sebas