FindSharedDesktopOntologies.cmake for KF5

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Jan 18 20:01:06 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 18 January 2012, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> Sune Vuorela wrote:
> > On 2012-01-17, Yury G.  Kudryashov <urkud.urkud at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> --nextPart3022437.JoNrGlkKet
> >>
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I propose to remove all the compatibility stuff from
> >> FindSharedDesktopOntologies.cmake for KF5 (see attachment).
> >
> > Wouldn't it be a even better idea to get SDO to provide a
> > SharedDesktopOntologiesConfig.cmake file ?
>
> Look at the attached FindSharedDesktopOntologies.cmake. It is a wrapper
> around SharedDesktopOntologiesConfig.cmake.

In this case, it should be good enough to do

find_package_handle_standard_args(SharedDesktopOntologies CONFIG_MODE)

> The new attached version adds feature_summary.

IMO this should also be in the Config.cmake file, since it contains package-
specific information.

> BTW, Where should one place mark_as_advanced(), in *Config.cmake or in
> Find*.cmake?

I'd say in the Config.cmake file. Why does it put anything in the cache at all
? This shouldn't be necessary IIRC. find_package() will put
SharedDesktopOntologies_DIR in the cache when found, and in the next cmake run
simply load the file from there.