ECM find-modules

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jan 12 21:48:10 UTC 2012

On Thursday 12 January 2012, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > I think FindLibUSB1.cmake looks good.
>
> From libusb-1.0.pc:
> includedir=${prefix}/include
> Cflags: -I${includedir}/libusb-1.0
>
> So, PC_LIBUSB1_INCLUDE_DIR is $prefix/include and PC_LIBUSB1_INCLUDE_DIRS
> is $prefix/include/libusb-1.0.
>
> Should LIBUSB1_INCLUDE_DIR and LIBUSB1_INCLUDE_DIRS follow the same logic?

Eh, what ?
But there is only one directory added using -I to the compile command, right ?
I don't see a reason then why LIBUSB1_INCLUDE_DIR and LIBUSB1_INCLUDE_DIRS
should contain different things.

> > FindMsgFmt.cmake too.
>
> I found cmake/Modules/FindGettext. Probably I'll merge my version check
> code into cmake's FindGettext.cmake.

You're right, I missed that. So basically FindMsgFmt.cmake can be removed from
ecm/attic/modules/.
Can you do that, and document this here ?
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/ECM_SourceIncompatChanges

> > Do we actually still need FindUSB.cmake ?
> > I'd wait with this until somebody needs it.
>
> When somebody will need it, he will just copy the old FindUSB.cmake. What
> do you think about "review/" subdir in e-c-m?

With the meaning "in progress" ?
Hmm, maybe.