Questions about cross compiling for ARM / CMake issues

Samuel Stirtzel s.stirtzel at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:16:38 UTC 2012

2012/2/27 Samuel Stirtzel <s.stirtzel at googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
> this is part of the approach to port Plasma Active to OpenEmbedded
> (see [1], [2]).
>

> In the current status the kdelibs build fine.
>
> However there is an issue where other packages (like e.g. Nepomuk) use
> the wrong libraries.
> In this case Nepomuk tries to use the Hosts x86_64 libraries for
> kdecore and kdeui, (see http://pastebin.com/CqqSGxYY for an example).
>
> The path "/work/oe-core/tmp-eglibc/sysroots/overo/" is the staging
> sysroot of the build target.
> And since CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH is set to that path, it should not
> "find" the library somewhere else..?
> "CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_LIBRARY ONLY" is also set.
>
> Is this by any chance related to the absolute paths in the
> KDELibsDependencies.cmake file?
>

> Anyone has an idea what I'm missing to solve this?
> Help would be appreciated.
>

> Links:
> [1] Plasma Active port to OpenEmbedded:
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-active&m=132940140929418&w=2
> [2] OpenEmbedded: http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/Main_Page
>
> --
> Regards
> Samuel

Just to clarify my question, changing the KDELibsDependencies.cmake
file does not solve my problem.
In the logs it states "Found KDE 4.7 library dir:
/work/oe-core/tmp-eglibc/sysroots/overo/usr/lib" but still the error
occurs: "/usr/lib/libkdecore.so.5.7.0: file not recognized: File
format not recognized"

Is there any Black Magic™ that finds the core library and relentless
ignores all the other settings?

--
Regards
Samuel