/usr/local/include in _KDE4_PLATFORM_INCLUDES on FreeBSD?

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 17 11:56:30 UTC 2012

Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> writes:

> Hi Raphael,
>
> I'm going through FindKDE4Internal.cmake currently to prepare it for KDE
> frameworks.
>
> If came about this patch from you:
> http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=kdelibs.git&a=commit&h=59066f389a9ae37b0a5e0d66287b326032c2cfae
>
> which references the discussion below.
>
> Is this still the case with cmake 2.8.7, i.e. do
> CMAKE_[C|CXX]_IMPLICIT_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES still not contain all those
> directories ?
>
> Please have a look at this.
> If they should, we should try to get this into CMake ASAP.

Hi there,

Looking at CMake's UnixPaths.cmake in master I still only see
/usr/include being added to CMAKE_[C|CXX]_IMPLICIT_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES
(there's also the issue of /usr/local/lib not being in
CMAKE_PLATFORM_IMPLICIT_LINK_DIRECTORIES, but I don't remember being
bitten by this).

I could send a patch to CMake to add /usr/local/include to
IMPLICIT_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES (perhaps in
Modules/Platform/FreeBSD.cmake), but even then, one should at least in
theory be able to use a different prefix when installing the ports
(packages) on FreeBSD, so a dynamic solution like the one we have is the
one which fits best, I think. Another solution I can think of is trying
to upstream the linked commit.