MacroDBusAddActivationService

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Aug 28 17:57:57 UTC 2012

On Monday 27 August 2012 14:31:53 Stephen Kelly wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> > On Sunday 26 August 2012 18:24:22 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> >> So, should it be part of FindDBUS.cmake ?
> >> This can then of course go into ECM.
> >
> > Where do you see a FindDBUS.cmake?
> >
> > I didn't find anything like that, everywhere I looked.
> >
> > We don't use libdbus directly, we use Qt's QDBus library...
> > OK, so I guess this could be added to the other dbus-related macros in
> > Qt4Macros.cmake (in kdelibs-4.x or just kdelibs-frameworks temporarily)
> > and Qt5DBusMacros.cmake (in Qt5). Steve, OK with you?
>
> Is it really fully generic?
>
> Exec=@CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX@/bin/kuiserver
>
> is suspicious.

Can you elaborate? What's suspicious about this? This isn't part of the macro,
it's part of the file that the application provides as input to the macro.

> I'm not convinced that putting dbus macros which are unrelated to QtDBus
> specifically into the QtDBus config is a good idea.

Well, do you know any other user of libdbus using cmake? There isn't any
FindDBus in cmake, so it's not like this corner of the world is covered at all
at the moment. Meanwhile, the use case for installing dbus services in cmake
consists only in users of QDBus+cmake. I don't think it's a big stretch to add
it there.

The alternative is a separate file MacroDBusAddActivationService.cmake in ECM,
right?