Fwd: [CMake] CMake 2.8.9 available for download

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 07:14:13 UTC 2012

Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:

> On Friday 10 August 2012 20:11:24 Alexander Neundorf wrote:

Yes, we should bump the version. The PIC feature is not 'fully automatic'.
We'll need this once in every project which wants to do a try_compile:

if (Qt5_POSITION_INDEPENDENT_CODE)
  set(CMAKE_POSITION_INDEPENDENT_CODE ON)
endif()

All targets built using Qt5 should use the qt5_use_modules function, which
also works without the above snippet.

A docs change for this will integrate soon:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#patch,all_unified,32576,1

Thanks,

Steve.