PulseAudio 1.0 and kdemultimedia 4.7.1

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Fri Sep 30 15:31:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Colin Guthrie <colin at guthr.ie> wrote:
> Or is this bit of code copied around horribly?

Yes it is, at least there is a version in kdelibs and one in phonon
(since phonon is a dep of kdelibs we need our own finder), from
looking at the code it seems that phonon's finder should work just
fine whereas kdelibs' fails as it does not use the new macros...
bringing me back to a statement I made on IRC yesterday:
It would be best if PulseAudio were to simply install a cmake config
file, which is roughly the same as pkgconfig, except different format
and path [1]. Maybe something worth considering, since I do not think
there would be much effort involved.

[1] http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake/Tutorials/How_to_create_a_ProjectConfig.cmake_file

regards,