review FindFFMPEG.cmake

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Sun Sep 18 13:02:20 UTC 2011

On Friday, September 16, 2011 08:52:55 PM Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> writes:
> > what's up with this one ?
> > Wasn't there a lot of discussion about it ?
> > Which one do we want to use ?
> > This one (as it is currently in ECM attic/ ) or another one ?
>
> Didn't mjansen unify all the findffmpeg files some time ago?

Yes. There should be only one version left in KDE. I think it was kdelibs,
amarok, strigi and kdemultimedia.

I btw. would propropes to do away with it and instead add one FindModule for
each ffmpeg library because the package ffmpeg has no version. It is therefore
impossible to check one. We could add a convenience FindFFmpeg.cmake file
using components that calls the correct FindModules for the given libs.

I am currently at the beginning of a new contract which means i have not much
time. I will join these efforts in 8 days or so and would be willing to work
on this file.

Mike

Michael Jansen
http://michael-jansen.biz