coding style: components

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 07:20:29 UTC 2011

Hi!

Which libraries should be included in XXX_LIBRARIES if different users need
different subset of the libraries provided by XXX?

E.g., gstreamer installs libgstreamer, libgstbase, libgstnet etc.

I can add COMPONENTS and set XXX_LIBRARIES to the list of requested
libraries but I don't know how to make it work if find_package(GStreamer) is
called twice in different subdirectories with different COMPONENTS
arguments.

What do you recommend?

P.S.: Current FindGStreamer hardcodes the following:
* GSTREAMER_FOUND is TRUE if libgstreamer, libgstbase and libgstinterface
are found;
* GSTREAMER_LIBRARIES contains ONLY libgstreamer.
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru