review FindFLEX.cmake

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Sep 17 02:39:59 UTC 2011

On Friday, September 16, 2011 08:40:14 PM Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think this one looks good as it is.
> > If somebody wants to, it could be changed to all-lowercase and empty
> > endif() statements.
>
> Are you talking about attic/modules/FindFlex.cmake (didn't found
> FindFLEX.cmake)?
>
> If yes, I see two problems:
>
> 1. FLEX_LIBRARY and FLEX_INCLUDE_DIR are not documented;

Right.

> 2. It is not possible to specify whether one needs both executable and
> library+headers, or just executable, or just library. What about
> find_package(Flex COMPONENTS EXECUTABLE LIBRARY)?

This is not the only module which has such behaviour. I think FindRuby.cmake
has the same issue. And there was another one...
I think this idea should be brought up on cmake-developers at cmake.org

> About the second point, I never used flex, so probably one never need only
> one of these components. In this case, just ignore this point.

F**k, there is a FindFLEX.cmake in cmake, and we have a FindFlex.cmake.
Probably due to the different casing of the name this unfortunately wasn't
listed in the right category on
http://community.kde.org/KDE_Core/Platform_11/Buildsystem/FindFilesSurvey :-/

So, this file must be merged into cmake for 2.8.7.