Where does KAuth belong?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 19:00:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

KAuth became a tier1 library in the last week. It's nice to see it separated
out.

However, it depends on Polkit-Qt, which is in `kdesupport` in the KDE 4
world currently.

Polkit-Qt seems like something that would become a tier1 library if that's
what its developers go for.

That would make libkauth tier2, right? I'll move it to the tier2 directory
soonish unless someone else does, though that in itself doesn't mean much.

The tier1/2 subdirectories will likely go away when each library becomes its
own git repo I guess.

Then tier1/2 distinction will only be a matter of documentation (possibly --
Actually I don't think it's a distinction that should be
documented/marketted) and superbuild perhaps if we have a tier1 superbuild.

Any objections to me moving the library?

Thanks,

Steve.