Problem building soprano with libraptor2-0

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Oct 27 20:14:31 UTC 2011

On Thursday 27 October 2011, kaushik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2011/10/28 Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>
>
> > On Thursday 27 October 2011, kaushik wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > I am trying to build soprano from git, but it is not getting built
> > > properly. I have both libraptor1  and libraptor2 installed.
> > > I have devel packages of libraptor1 not installed and devel packages of
> > > libraptor2 installed.
> > > Distro is debian.
> > >
> > > The output of cmake is
> > > -- Found Qt-Version 4.7.4
> > > -- VERSION_VAR  (missing:  REQUIRED_VARS)
> > > -- VERSION_VAR  (missing:  REQUIRED_VARS)
> >
> > This means there is a find_package_handle_standard_args() call in one of
> > the
> > FindXXX.cmake files which are used there which uses the new and extended
> > syntax of that function, but the FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake
> > which has
> > been loaded is still the old one, which does not yet have the new syntax.
> >

> > Which version of cmake are you using ?
>
> cmake
> Version: 2.8.2+dfsg.1-0+squeeze1
>
> > Can you rerun cmake with --debug-output and post the output here please ?
> > This will basically print a backtrace for each message on screen, so we
> > see where it comes from.
>
> The debug output is as follows -
>
> roide at roideuniverse:~/kde/build/others/soprano$ cmake --debug-output .
> Running with debug output on.
> -- Found Qt-Version 4.7.4
>    Called from: [2]
> /home/roide/kde/src/others/soprano/cmake/modules/FindQt4.cmake
>                 [1]     /home/roide/kde/src/others/soprano/CMakeLists.txt
> -- VERSION_VAR  (missing:  REQUIRED_VARS)
>    Called from: [2]
> /home/roide/kde/src/others/soprano/cmake/modules/FindRasqal.cmake
>                 [1]     /home/roide/kde/src/others/soprano/CMakeLists.txt

Thanks.
This comes from here:
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=soprano.git&a=commitdiff&h=703e3f7196095a89fbd8620a0607c8bb960bd60f

This commit basically makes soprano require cmake >= 2.8.3, while the toplevel
CMakeLists.txt says it requires CMake .2.6.2.
This is not good.
Either
* this would have to be stated explicitely using
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.3)
in the projects CMakeLists.txt,
* or soprano has to ship its own copy of FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake
(as kdelibs does).
* or soprano must not use the new syntax of
FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake

To find out which features were introduced in which version of cmake, there
are two pages in the cmake wiki:
* http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_Released_Versions (here you can have a look
manually)
* and a compatibility matrix:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_Version_Compatibility_Matrix
(for modules like FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake, follow the "Standard
CMake Modules" link to
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake_Version_Compatibility_Matrix/StandardCMakeModules
, where you'll see that the new syntax was not yet there in 2.8.2 ).