pkgconfig under Windows ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Nov 17 19:48:02 UTC 2011

On Sunday 02 October 2011, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
> On Saturday 01 October 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > >
> > > I've often times heard non-KDE people say pkgconfig used to be broken
> > > but should work fine nowadays, so I'm a bit confused here. It'd be nice
> > > if the kde-windows guys could provide more details on what's the
> > > current state of pkgconfig for them.
> >
> > Yes.
> > Also, whenever I said somewhere that our cmake files must be able to find
> > stuff also without pkgconfig, people replied that nowadays it works just
>
> fine
>
> > under Windows.
> >
> > So, Windows developers: what's the current state of pkg-config under
> > Windows
>
> ?
>
> > Does it work ?
>
> Yes
>
> > Do you use it ?
>
> Yes. For Qt, KDE and other project types as well.

I headed over to the cmake list, since this issue is not specific to KDE, but
any cmake-using project, and I want to get more opinions and experiences on
this over there at cmake at cmake.org:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.user/39446

So, if you want to influence the outcome and want to contribute with your
experiences, please comment on the cmake list (subscribe here: