SuperBuild News

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Sun Nov 13 17:34:15 UTC 2011

On 11/13/2011 02:35 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

>> yesterday I added a Everything/CMakeLists.txt, which contains all projects
>> from projects.kde.org, and also those which are still in svn.
>>
>> What is missing, are the dependencies between the projects.
>>
>> I created the list using the kde_projects.xml file provided by
>> projects.kde.org. But the CMakeLists.txt is not updated automatically,
>> since I didn't want to have automated parsing of that file etc.
> And, the "Source" directory is now named "src", and the "Build" directory is
> now named "build".
Are these directories still located under each modules directory or are
they now unique overall superbuild?

As I already explained, using a unique src directory is very handy for:
- easily find all the sources cloned by superbuild,
- easily modify the sources when bugs occur,
- easily push these bug fixes,
- easily pull all the sources with a simple script.
I can help with this, as my local superbuild is modified for this setup.

I also submitted a bug report to CMake team about cmake using fit fetch
instead of git pull when sources are already cloned. Meanwhile, I use a
global pull script.

Cheers,
Valentin

--
Valentin Rusu (IRC valir, KDE vrusu)
KSecretsService (former KSecretService, KWallet replacement)