FindOpenSSL.cmake - ours vs. the cmake one

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 2 20:05:00 UTC 2011

Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> writes:

> I'm still in the process of merging our stuff, e.g. Find-modules from kdelibs,
> into cmake.
> Now, attached are the current FindOpenSSL.cmake from CMake and the one from
> kdelibs.
> Especially under Windows they do quite different things.

The upstream file also seems to look for the eay stuff as the kdelibs
one does, what big differences do you see?

> Can somebody else please have a look at the two files and let me know whether
> anything from our version has to be merged into the one from cmake or whether
> the one from CMake is good enough as it is ?

Other than that, it looks like the CMake file already does all the
kdelibs file does and more (such as the version stuff). Plus it looks
for libcrypto, which was the problem here [1].

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.buildsystem/5844