KDE 4.7 Beta1 (4.6.80) tarballs uploaded (try#1)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun May 22 16:39:57 CEST 2011

On Sunday 22 May 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> So, what I'm doing right now for kdesupport is to create one
> CMakeLists.txt, which contains all the contained projects (automoc4,
> phonon, attica, akonadi, ...) via the externalproject()-feature from
> CMake.
> What it does, is it gets and updates all the sources from git, configures,
> builds and installs them.
> So it feels almost like it did before.

Unfortunately, this is of no use for us packagers because we are banned by
policy (and at least in Fedora, this is enforced by the build system) from
downloading stuff during build. We can only work from tarballs. (If we want to
package a snapshot, we have to check it out, tar it, then package the
resulting tarball.)

        Kevin Kofler