Phonon

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun May 22 21:18:36 CEST 2011

On Sunday 22 May 2011, Harald Sitter wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 10:33 PM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>
wrote:

> >> Only slightly related...
> >>
> >> there is the branch with improved cmake stuff from Patrick.
> >> Do you mind if I have a look at what he did and add this one by one to
> >> master ?
> >> I.e. I would start with installing a PhononConfig.cmake when Phonon is
> >> installed, and then go through the plugins one by one and make them find
> >> that one properly.
> >>
> >> I just tried to build the plugins and failed, some, e.g. WaveOut and MMF
> >> have a FindPhonon.cmake, but don't set CMAKE_MODULE_PATH, so it is not
> >> found at all.
>
> MMF and WaveOut are not supported by *us*, so I am not at all
> surprised they do not build :S

One more question:
what is with the phononexperimental library ?
Should it be included in PHONON_LIBS by default or should the developer
explicitely ask for it zo link against, .i.e. use PHONON_EXPERIMENTAL_LIBRARY
or something like this when linking ?
Same for the include dir, should it be in PHONON_INCLUDES by default or only
in a separate PHONON_EXPERIMENTAL_INCLUDE_DIR ?