CMake/CTest test every commit

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun May 22 18:57:14 CEST 2011

On Friday 20 May 2011, Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a way to do a "cmake/make/make test/make install" cycle
> for every commit (or rather push but that is another issue) an was
> wondering if there is a way to make the ctest script only update the local
> git (or checkout) to a certain commit?
>
> The use case I have in mind is that I have a continious integration run of
> ctest running and during one run more then one push is made so the next
> update will need to trigger more then one new test cycle with the
> intermediate states of the repo.

This is indeed not the normal usage.
Doing it not once for every commit has the advantage that it can't overload
the machine which is running the build.
If we set up a continuous build for several KDE modules/repositories on one
server, not overloading it will be an issue.

Beside that, I don't know if/how this could be achieved.
I'd suggest you ask on the cmake list directly.