KDE 4.6.3 tarballs (try#1 part1) uploaded

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue May 3 21:19:53 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 03 May 2011, Jeremy Whiting wrote:

> > > Couldn't see your log at that url but presume I'm hitting the same
> > > thing.  Below patches fix some of it but still missing a
> > > FindLibKdeEdu.cmake for parley and kalgebra and something for
> > > Avogadro in kalzium.
> >
> > I seem to be stuck on those problems as well. I've tried for the last few
> > hours to figure out how to easily make those git modules build when
> > libkdeedu
> > is in the same tarball, but it seems the whole infrastructure for that is
> > missing now.
> >
> > Anyone who can help with that?
>
> Dirk,
>
> Nicolas Alvarez and I have been testing ways to make the applications
> depend on libkdeedu without making it a separate package, but it is
> trickier than expected.  We think the best thing to do for the 4.6.3 (and
> further 4.6 releases) would be to undo the changes I did to make each app
> build standalone after the move to git. (putting back in the relative
> paths to libkdeedu and such)

Yes, this is not trivial, and I would have actually expected questions how to
do it best somewhere, e.g. here on kde-buildsystem or on k-c-d.

In which state of the svn -> git transition are we actually ?
It seems most modules are still in svn, at least they still exist in trunk:
kdeaccessibility, kdeadmin, kdeartwork, kdebindings, kdegames, kdegraphics,
kdemultimedia, kdenetwork, kdesdk, kdetoys, kdeutils, kdewebdev

What is the plan for those ? Do we have a plan ?
Do we finally have an officially recommended git workflow ? Documentation ?

How to put it, I'm not overwhelmed by our svn->git transition efforts... :-/

As somebody who tries to take care of the buildsystem, i.e. of all modules of
KDE SC, I still don't feel like figuring out for each module where it is and
then get it either from svn or git... :-(