KDE 4.6.3 tarballs (try#1 part1) uploaded

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Tue May 3 02:52:06 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Dirk Mueller <mueller at kde.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 01 May 2011, Mark Davies wrote:
>

> > > on kubuntu which doesn't work since it seems to ship the old
> > > CMakeLists.txt from before but the cmake configuration has
> > Couldn't see your log at that url but presume I'm hitting the same
> > thing.  Below patches fix some of it but still missing a
> > FindLibKdeEdu.cmake for parley and kalgebra and something for
> > Avogadro in kalzium.
>
> I seem to be stuck on those problems as well. I've tried for the last few
> hours to figure out how to easily make those git modules build when
> libkdeedu
> is in the same tarball, but it seems the whole infrastructure for that is
> missing now.
>
> Anyone who can help with that?

Dirk,

Nicolas Alvarez and I have been testing ways to make the applications depend
on libkdeedu without making it a separate package, but it is trickier than
expected.  We think the best thing to do for the 4.6.3 (and further 4.6
releases) would be to undo the changes I did to make each app build
standalone after the move to git. (putting back in the relative paths to
libkdeedu and such)  So kdeedu 4.6 will always only build as a group, not
standalone since libkdeedu wasn't set up as a proper library back then.

Sound ok?
Jeremy