CMake and xml output

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun May 1 20:58:11 CEST 2011

On Sunday 01 May 2011, Torgny Nyblom wrote:
> On Sunday 01 May 2011 19.07.11 Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> > > I'm trying to set up the whole push->build->test chain and if I
> > > understood CDash correctly that is just for showing results. Which
> > > would mean I would have to implement the rest of the chain my self.
>
> Seems I was missinformed/missunderstod :)
>
> > IMO ctest+cdash can do at least 90% of what we need.
> > The missing things should be added there instead of implementing an own
> > independent solution from scratch.
> >
> > The typical setup with ctest+cdash is that you set up a cronjob, which
> > starts a continuous build at some time of the day, this cont. build job
> > then runs for basically the whole day and checks every few minutes
> > whether there were updates.
> > If there were updates, it updates, builds, tests and submits the build
> > and test results to cdash.
>
> Are there any examples of what this cronjob run for command?

This is the documentation we currently have:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/CMake/DashboardBuilds

There it is documented for nightly builds, i.e. once per day, for continous
builds I can send you something tomorrow.

Let me know if something is wrong, missing, etc.

> > What more do we need in your opinion ?
> >
> > The missing 10% from my POV:
> > -group result on cdash per submitting machine over multiple projects
> > -fine grained notification emails on a subproject basis
>
> Does it have IRC notification capabilities?

No.

> > > But I could get the xml
> > > results from CTest I would get away with implementing the conversion
> > > from
> > > CTest xml to JUnit xml as that seems to be more or less the standard
> > > (among the systems I've looked at).
> > >
> > > Also I'm not sure if this is just a missunderstanding or configurable
> > > but
> > > CDash seems to group results on a per computer basis and not on a per
> > > project basis.
> >
> > No, it is per project. Where have you seen it per computer ?
>
> In the project view.

Can you post the link please ?