PolKit and KDE4_AUTH_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:03:53 CET 2011

Hi guys, sorry if I am answering just now, but somehow this mail slipped from
my inbox. However.

On Thursday 17 February 2011 22:33:41 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> set(KDE4_AUTH_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR
> ${POLKITQT-1_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR} CACHE STRING "Where policy files
> generated by KAuth will be installed" FORCE)
>

> The FORCE makes it impossible to override using -D or something. It will
> always be set to the value used in this line, i.e.
> ${POLKITQT-1_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR}.
>
> Dario, is this what you wanted ?

Not really, actually. Instead, one should be able to change that variable to
point to the correct directory (usually /usr/share/polkit-1/actions), so it is
indeed my mistake.

> > The way I think this should work is:
> > 1) Use KDE4_AUTH_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR if specified, else use KDEDIR
> > 2) If path different from polkit-qt AUTH_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR then
> > display an appropriate warning
> > 3) Install to the requested location, it's then up to the dev to fix if
> > needed by either moving the files or by building polkit-qt themselves.
>
> Dario ?

Makes sense, but the warning should be shown if the directory is actually
different from /usr... in any case, as installing those in the same dir that
polkit-qt-1 specifies doesn't necessarily mean that the location is correct.

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B