Rough plan for extra-cmake-modules Was: extra-cmake-modules populated

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Jun 29 22:54:48 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 29 June 2011, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess I should explain a bit more what's behind the idea of extra-cmake-
> modules.
> As plan I would
> - go through the list from Raphael again and insert some more details

Done for most files except all Find-modules (they can wait).
Please go through the "Check*.cmake files", "Generic Macros" and "KDE specific
stuff" sections:
http://community.kde.org/KDE_Core/Platform_11/Buildsystem/FindFilesSurvey

On some files I have put status "Decided", where it is IMO clear what to do,
on many files I have put "Need feedback", where I'd like to hear more
opinions.

The last column is for who wants to work on the file. If there's a question
mark, it means it is still available for you to work on :-)

Another important point: since we'll be breaking cmake source compatibility,
we need to document each of those breaks, and showing what to do instead.