extra-cmake-modules project has been created

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sat Jun 25 16:25:23 CEST 2011

On Friday, June 24, 2011 09:32:55 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> git noob question: I remember there were some special steps involved in
> doing the initial push, but I can't remember.
> I think first I had to create a local fresh git repository, and then I had
> to do something special to push it...
> Can somebody please enlighten me ?

Well the git hooks are disabled when you do the first push, but I don't think
there was anything too special you had to do for that, especially if you're
not talking about converting an existing old history.

Once you perform the initial push to the repo and have confirmed that it works
you have to open it up to development by using the hooks-enable command
documented at [1].

I guess the only trick I can think of at this point is to be sure to push
every branch you think should be present there, and remember the default
behavior of "git push origin" is to push *all* branches IIRC, which may not be
what you want if you have some local-only branches. Instead you'd want "git
push origin $branchname" for each branch name you care about.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne

http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual