The State of FindFFMPEG.cmake

Christophe Giboudeaux cgiboudeaux at gmx.com
Sat Jun 25 01:12:54 CEST 2011

On Friday 24 June 2011 22:33:17 Michael Jansen wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 June 2011 16:37:17 Michael Jansen wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > We have four different files of that style flying aroung in kde
> >
> > strigi/libstreamanalyzer/cmake/FindFFMPEG.cmake
> > kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindFFmpeg.cmake
> > kdemultimedia/cmake/modules/FindFFMPEG.cmake
> > amarok/cmake/modules/FindFFmpeg.cmake
> >
> > They best is the kdelibs one. Some are plain out problematic. They for
> > example look up their header with PATH_SUFFIX libavcodec but include
> > with
> > <libavcodec/avcodec.h> (kdemultimedia). which break the build for some
> > of
> > us.
>
> Anyone? We really have problems with that file. If noone objects i will just
> go forward and fix stuff with the new file.

Yes, I object to any syncing between the kdelibs FindFFMPEG.cmake and the
Strigi ones unless you first fix it.

Currently, the kdelibs one assumes that all the FFMpeg headers are located in
the same directory which may be enough for certain usages but is definitely
wrong for the Strigi case.

Strigi needs headers from other ffmpeg components and they must be checked
before claiming FFMPEG_FOUND is true.

Christophe