extra-cmake-modules project has been created

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Fri Jun 24 22:32:04 CEST 2011

On Friday, June 24, 2011 03:32:55 am Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as discussed during the Platform 11 sprint in Randa, we want to move the Find-
> modules from kdelibs into a separate package, which can also be used by non-
> KDE applications.
>
> For that now there is the project extra-cmake-modules:
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdesupport/extra-cmake-modules
>
> It has just been set up.

Not really.  The clone is empty.

> Please join if you are interested and want to help.
>
> Raphael went through all our cmake modules and made a table:
> http://community.kde.org/KDE_Core/Platform_11/Buildsystem/FindFilesSurvey
>
> we'll have to work more on the table, e.g. instead of "Upstream" there should
> be "Upstream to cmake"/"Upstream to ecm" (extra-cmake-modules).

Do we have criteria for making a module Upstreamable to cmake?

> Also, an additionally column whether the file is ok from the coding style POV
> would be good to have.

There's a cmakelint.py I picked up a while back from somewhere.
We could perhaps use that to help enforce coding style.
.. and then there's my cmakelint.pl from kdesdk/scripts we could
modify to do other types of checks.

> I'll start with this in the next days, any help is appreciated.

I'll be watching and helping out.

-Allen