extra-cmake-modules project has been created

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Jun 24 09:32:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

as discussed during the Platform 11 sprint in Randa, we want to move the Find-
modules from kdelibs into a separate package, which can also be used by non-
KDE applications.

For that now there is the project extra-cmake-modules:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/kdesupport/extra-cmake-modules

It has just been set up.

Please join if you are interested and want to help.

Raphael went through all our cmake modules and made a table:
http://community.kde.org/KDE_Core/Platform_11/Buildsystem/FindFilesSurvey

we'll have to work more on the table, e.g. instead of "Upstream" there should
be "Upstream to cmake"/"Upstream to ecm" (extra-cmake-modules).
Also, an additionally column whether the file is ok from the coding style POV
would be good to have.

I'll start with this in the next days, any help is appreciated.

git noob question: I remember there were some special steps involved in doing
the initial push, but I can't remember.
I think first I had to create a local fresh git repository, and then I had to
do something special to push it...
Can somebody please enlighten me ?

Thanks