Superbuild ready for first tests

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Jun 20 23:09:23 CEST 2011

On Monday 20 June 2011, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On Monday 20 June 2011 18:45:45 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > I guess I should post this now to kde-packagers.
> > Sune, did you already give it a try ?
>
> I just did. It doesn't work.
>
> I created a small cmake file for kdeedu, because I have only kdelibs 4.6.3
> on this machine, and kdegraphics requires master.
>
> sb_add_project(LibKdeEdu     GIT_REPOSITORY git://anongit.kde.org/libkdeedu
> ) sb_add_project(KHangMan    GIT_REPOSITORY git://anongit.kde.org/khangman
> DEPENDS LibKdeEdu )
>

> superbuild/kdeedu$ mkdir build
> superbuild/kdeedu$ cd build
> superbuild/kdeedu/build$ cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr && make
> DESTDIR=../dest
>
> ....lots of output...
>
> -- Install configuration: "RelWithDebInfo"
> -- Installing: ../dest/usr/lib/cmake/libkdeedu/LibKdeEduConfig.cmake
> -- Installing: ../dest/usr/lib/cmake/libkdeedu/LibKdeEduTargets.cmake
> -- Installing: ../dest/usr/lib/cmake/libkdeedu/LibKdeEduTargets-
> relwithdebinfo.cmake
>
> ....more output...
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:9 (find_package):
>   Could not find module FindLibKdeEdu.cmake or a configuration file for
>   package LibKdeEdu.
>
>   Adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to find FindLibKdeEdu.cmake or set LibKdeEdu_DIR
>   to the directory containing a CMake configuration file for LibKdeEdu.
> The file will have one of the following names:
>
>     LibKdeEduConfig.cmake
>     libkdeedu-config.cmake
>

> Or maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

I think it's the DESTDIR.
CMake already must know about it, it must already be set as environment
variable when cmake is run (then it can tell the using projects where their
dependencies can be found), so something like
superbuild/kdeedu/build$ export DESTDIR=../dest
superbuild/kdeedu/build$ cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr && make