Why are KDE includes installed with COMPONENT Devel?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 19:27:59 CEST 2011

Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> No, its also usable on the commandline with a make install
> CMAKE_INSTALL_COMPONENT=Devel. This could in theory be used to make it
> easier to generate binary packages in distro scripts, since there don't
> need to be any manual selection of files/folders to fetch only parts of
> a full install tree for the -devel package.

Could you say more exactly home to do a component installation?

I tried

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_COMPONENT=Devel && make && make install

But that seems to install everything.

I also found:

http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2006-October/011362.html

But when I run

cmake -DCOMPONENT=Runtime -P cmake_install.cmake

it does not also install the dependency component of Runtime. Ie, set with:

set(CPACK_COMPONENT_RUNTIME_DEPENDS OtherComponent)

That's an old thread, so if there's a more modern way of doing this I'd like
to try it before filing a bug.

Thanks,

Steve.