Superbuild ready for first tests

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Jun 20 13:28:53 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 15 June 2011 4:06:28 PM Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the Superbuild I talked about in Randa is ready for first tests.
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/superbuild
>
> What is it ?
> It's basically a CMakeLists.txt which makes it possible to build multiple
> separate projects in one go (similar to kdesrc-build).
> Additionally it is possible to create a source package from those subprojects,
> so packagers which must not access the network during packaging can use those.
>
> So, clone it from git, and try it on kdegraphics.
> Some documentation is on the projects.kde.org overview page.
>
> Let me know how it works for you, what else you need, etc.
>
> It would be also nice if you could help with documentation etc.

I tried it over the weekend.
Extremely cool.

Here's the doc:

git clone kde:superbuild
cd superbuild
cd kdesupport (or kdegraphics)
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/path/foo ..
make
make install

this will download and build all  kdesupport (or kdegraphics)

I guess next steps are to provide SuperBuild-able CMakeLists.txt files for all the modules??