kdeexamples buildsystem

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Tue Jul 19 19:32:38 CEST 2011

On Friday 15 July 2011 21:37:03 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 15 July 2011, Michael Jansen wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I pushed a small project to git at git.kde.org:scratch/mjansen/cmake_test .
> > That should be git://anongit.kde.org/scratch/mjansen/cmake_test for you to
> > clone (in a while after anongit catches up).
> >
> > It contains 2 projects. A small helloworld lib and a binary using it. In
> > the toplevel is a makefile that builds the projects in different
> > configurations and shows what works and what not works. Have a look
> > inside.
> >
> > The case that now works is building the lib in 32bit and trying to compile
> > it in 64bit (At least here in OpenSuSE). The find_library call accepts the
> > 32bit lib and naturally the linking fails later.
>
> please try whether it improves the situation for you if the buildsystem
> example in kdeexamples uses the attached file instead of as it is currently
> in git.
> It additionally compares the 32/64bit of the installed version with the
> currently 32/64bitness of the currently searching project, and succeeds only
> if it matches.

That naturally will fix the problem (i have not yet really tried) but it still
leaves the initial problem about cmake. It is very poorly designed in regards
to multiarch systems. I hope they someday fix that. I btw. really wonder how
systems with 32bit stuff in lib32 work out with cmake when trying to do 32bit
development. I have not yet found anything in the documentation how it
supports that.

Apart from this here.

http://gccxml.org/Bug/view.php?id=11260

Mike