Rough plan for extra-cmake-modules Was: extra-cmake-modules populated

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Jul 9 13:03:15 CEST 2011

On Saturday 09 July 2011, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Friday 08 July 2011 4:00:16 PM you wrote:
> > On Friday 01 July 2011, Allen Winter wrote:
> > > Done.
> > > Except I screwed-up the history somewhat.
> > > To see the history of a file you need to use the --follow option.
> > >
> > > eg. git log --follow attic/modules/FindNepomuk.cmake
> >
> > Ok.
> > Now I think MacroOptionalAddSubdirectory.cmake should be in e-c-m, but
> > renamed to ECMOptionalAddSubdirectory.cmake.
> > How do I do that with git ?
>
> Do you want ECMOptionalAddSubdirectory.cmake to be in attic or
> do you want it to live a new top-level modules subdir?

A new top-level subdir modules/ sounds good.
git doesn't have "mv" or "cp" commands, right ?

How about that: attic/ is for the files which still need to be handled in some
way, as soon as a file is "done", it is not in attic/ anymore.

This would mean e.g. that MacroOptionalAddSubdirectory.cmake is not there
anymore once it has been moved (or whatever) to
modules/ECMOptionalAddSubdirectory.cmake.

And e.g. MacroOptionalFindPackage.cmake I would simply git rm from attic/,
since this won't be necessary anymore with cmake 2.8.6.

So attic/ would basically be a todolist.

How does that sound ?