Please test: [CMake] CMake 2.8.4-rc1 ready for testing!

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Jan 30 15:05:55 CET 2011

On Saturday 29 January 2011, Christophe Giboudeaux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 18 January 2011 21:58:24 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > So please, give this release candidate a good try, and let me know if
> > something fails.
>
> Quick feedback. Thanks for finally turning off the verbose makefile when
> using the codeblock generator.
>
> I didn't notice any regression but an unexpected behaviour with the
> graphviz generator. With kdepimlibs, I use --graphviz=kdepimlibs_graph.dot.
> Previously, this was generating only one file for the whole module. Now it
> seems a graph is also generated for *every* target:
>
> # ls kdepimlibs_graph.dot*
> kdepimlibs_graph.dot
> kdepimlibs_graph.dot.kabc_file
> kdepimlibs_graph.dot.testattendee
> kdepimlibs_graph.dot.abort
> kdepimlibs_graph.dot.kabc_file_core
> kdepimlibs_graph.dot.testblogcomment
> kdepimlibs_graph.dot.actionstatemanagertest
> kdepimlibs_graph.dot.kabcformat_binary
> kdepimlibs_graph.dot.testblogger1
> kdepimlibs_graph.dot.addresseetest
> kdepimlibs_graph.dot.kabc_ldapkio
> etc...

Yes. That's a feature.
The dot-file generation before was buggy and incomplete.
E.g. when running it on kdelibs it produced a file where dependencies were
missing and also targets were missing.
And if all that was in one file correctly, then the produced dot-file is too
big to be usable. At least I didn't find a way to view it in a way that I can
actually see something.
So now there is one dot-file for every target.

You can also put a file named CMakeGraphVizOptions.cmake in CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR
or CMAKE_BINARY_DIR. This can be used to set option for the dot-file
generator.

GRAPHVIZ_EXECUTABLES : boolean
GRAPHVIZ_STATIC_LIBS: boolean
GRAPHVIZ_SHARED_LIBS: boolean
GRAPHVIZ_MODULE_LIBS: boolean

GRAPHVIZ_TARGET_IGNORE_REGEX: regex for target names which should be skipped
GRAPHVIZ_IGNORE_TARGETS: list of targets which should be skipped

e.g.
set(GRAPHVIZ_TARGET_IGNORE_REGEX ".+test")
to exclude all tests.

Yes, this is currently completely undocumented.