FindKDE4Internal.cmake: better rpath handling

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Jan 24 21:17:32 CET 2011

Rex Dieter wrote:

> On 01/24/2011 12:25 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>
>> So what you want is that CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH does not
>> include any directories listed in
>> CMAKE_PLATFORM_IMPLICIT_LINK_DIRECTORIES ? I think this is related to
>> this bug report here: http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=10238
>>
>> Either reopen it or create a new one, since it has a slightly different
>> topic.
>
> Yes! That's precisely what I'm after.  will do.

OK, per
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=11751#c25029

So, some options to consider:

1.  we/kde could add a helper macro something along the lines of:

macro(kde4_append_install_rpath dir)
  list(FIND CMAKE_PLATFORM_IMPLICIT_LINK_DIRECTORIES "${dir}" _isSystem)
  if("${_isSystem}" LESS 0)
    list(APPEND CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH "${path}")
  endif()
endmacro()

and replace every common use of
set(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH "${LIB_INSTALL_DIR}")
with
kde4_append_install_rpath("${LIB_INSTALL_DIR}")

2.  copy-n-paste the aforementioned code all over (similiar to what's
already in FindKDEInternal)

3.  wait for cmake to handle this better natively

-- Rex