FindKDE4Internal.cmake: only conditionally set(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH TRUE)?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jan 21 20:23:12 CET 2011

Historically in our fedora (and other distros) packaging, folks just brute
force
set(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH FALSE)
to avoid the rpath mess in default prefixes.

But, with great hope I look forward to the day this all "just works", and we
can avoid rpath'ing anything in
CMAKE_PLATFORM_IMPLICIT_LINK_DIRECTORIES
without much ado.  Attached is my latest attempt to accomplish that by
conditinally doing
set(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH TRUE)
*only* if any non-implicit items are actually added to CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH

Comments?

If something like this approach is acceptable, I'd like to go through all
the kdesupport projects that copied the unconditional items
set(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH_USE_LINK_PATH  TRUE)
set(CMAKE_INSTALL_RPATH "${LIB_INSTALL_DIR}")
(from older versions of FindKDE4Internal.cmake) too.

-- Rex