Building multiple source modules

Michael Jansen kde at michael-jansen.biz
Wed Jan 19 21:35:14 CET 2011

On Wednesday 19 January 2011 18:57:32 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi Allan,
>
> On Wednesday 19 January 2011, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I have recently been worried about the increasing number of modules KDE
> > is being divided in. Having to checkout, configure and build a huge
> > amount of individual modules seems to greatly increase the time it takes
> > for developers to build new test versions of KDE. This is especially
> > true if you make changes to basic libraries and want a full KDE
> > installation rebased on the modified libraries.
>
> Same here...
> Great that you started working on a solution ! :-)

What is the problem with tools like

http://kdesrc-build.kde.org
http://michael-jansen.biz/build-tool

They do even more work for you like automatically updating, configuring and
building.

I really would like to know what mpyne and i have to do to get you guys
switching to one of those tools and stop trying to solve those problems
yourself each time.

Mike