Setting CMAKE_MODULES_PATH

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 12 08:31:51 CET 2011

On 06.01.11 01:25:15, Akarsh Simha wrote:
> I have a question regarding CMAKE_MODULES_PATH.
>
> I frequently have to deal with building a branch of my project
> (kdeedu/kstars), but wish to use the dependency modules (kdelibs etc)
> from my trunk install.
>
> However, my build fails with an error that says approximately:
>
> "Could not find FindKDE4Internal.cmake in <blank>".
>
> So I tried exporting CMAKE_MODULE_PATH, appropriately, but it didn't
> work, and I attribute that to a line in kdeedu/CMakeLists.txt that
> says:

Thats no problem, FindKDE4.cmake in cmake's Modules directory expands
that variable once it has found out where KDE is installed. The latter
is what is failing in your case. The correct fix to your problem is
passing CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to cmake when calling it on your builddir.
List the prefix under which kdelibs was installed in that variable.

Andreas

--
If you can read this, you're too close.