PolKit and KDE4_AUTH_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Feb 20 22:08:18 CET 2011

On 19.02.11 00:29:57, Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> John Layt wrote:

> >> All this can be achieved by setting KDE4_AUTH_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR to
> >> *relative* path, not absolute one.
> >
> > Sorry, could you explain that a bit more?  Do you mean the build system
> > should, or that the dev should?
> It is sufficient to replace the line
>
> set(POLKITQT-1_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR
> "${POLKITQT-1_INSTALL_DIR}/share/polkit-1/actions")
>
> by the line
>
> set(POLKITQT-1_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR "share/polkit-1/actions")
>
> in polkit-qt-1/PolkitQt-1Config.cmake.in. And, of course, adjust the
> warning.

And how do I do that if my polkit-qt-1 comes from my distro, but I want
my KDE self-built? Thats what this is about, a kde module must not
install stuff outside of its own installation prefix. If that means
certain things might not work, warn the user and point him to
information how to fix that.

Andreas

--
Blow it out your ear.