PolKit and KDE4_AUTH_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 18 12:07:15 CET 2011

On Friday 18 February 2011 06:48:54 Yury G. Kudryashov wrote:
> >> The way I think this should work is:
> >> 1) Use KDE4_AUTH_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR if specified, else use KDEDIR
>
> Why KDEDIR, not CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX?

Don't take that literally, I don't know how the internals of the build system
or CMake work, or if there are other considerations needed, I'm just saying
that is what the effect should be, i.e. stop ignoring where the dev is asking
it to be installed, because always trying to install in the system path causes
more problems.

> >> 2) If path different from polkit-qt AUTH_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR then
> >> display an appropriate warning
> >> 3) Install to the requested location, it's then up to the dev to fix if
> >> needed by either moving the files or by building polkit-qt themselves.
>
> All this can be achieved by setting KDE4_AUTH_POLICY_FILES_INSTALL_DIR to
> *relative* path, not absolute one.

Sorry, could you explain that a bit more?  Do you mean the build system
should, or that the dev should?

Cheers!

John.