superbuild: weird cmake error

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Dec 3 20:55:17 UTC 2011

On Saturday 03 December 2011, Valentin Rusu wrote:
> On 11/30/2011 08:33 AM, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Even so, its bad that cmake -E does not list the cmake_progress_start
> > command. That confuses users apparently. Even if its considered an
> > internal thing it could be listed under an "Internal Commands:" section
>
> Ok, I managed to find out what's going wrong here, by selecting only one
> of the projects from kdesupport in order to get a simpler trace and here
> it is:
> http://paste.kde.org/154466/
>
> The command that fails is:
> /usr/local/bin/cmake -E make_directory
> /home/kde/src/superbuild/kdesupport/build/src/Automoc4
> /home/kde/src/Automoc4
>
> As you can see, two directories are given. If I remove the last one, the
> comand executs without problems:
> /usr/local/bin/cmake -E make_directory
> /home/kde/src/superbuild/kdesupport/build/src/Automoc4
>
> Suppose that something is wrong with cmake handling portable
> make_directory command, or it's syntax changed or there's a bug
> somewhere in our scripts. Any hint?

Hmm, works here for me.
Does the same work for you ?

This is what I did:

~/src/kde-git/superbuild$ cd test
~/src/kde-git/superbuild$ mkdir test
~/src/kde-git/superbuild$ cd test/
hammer:~/src/kde-git/superbuild/test$ /opt/cmake-2.8.6-Linux-i386/bin/cmake-
gui ../Everything/

.. in cmake-gui, I enabled only automoc, and set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to
/opt/superbuild/

~/src/kde-git/superbuild/test$ make
Scanning dependencies of target AlwaysCheckDESTDIR
DESTDIR Ok. (now: "", at CMake time: "")
[  0%] Built target AlwaysCheckDESTDIR
Scanning dependencies of target automoc
[  0%] Creating directories for 'automoc'
[  0%] Performing download step (git clone) for 'automoc'
Cloning into kdesupport_automoc...
remote: Counting objects: 514, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (514/514), 362.26 KiB | 603 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (260/260), done.
Already on 'master'
[  0%] No patch step for 'automoc'
[  0%] Performing update step for 'automoc'
Already up-to-date.
[  0%] Performing configure step for 'automoc'
Not searching for unused variables given on the command line.
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11 - found
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC - not found.
-- Found Qt4: /usr/bin/qmake (found version "4.7.0")
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/alex/src/kde-
git/superbuild/test/build/kdesupport_automoc
[  0%] Performing build step for 'automoc'
Scanning dependencies of target automoc4
[100%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/automoc4.dir/kde4automoc.o
Linking CXX executable automoc4
[100%] Built target automoc4
[  0%] Performing install step for 'automoc'
[100%] Built target automoc4
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: ""
-- Installing: /opt/superbuild/bin/automoc4
-- Set runtime path of "/opt/superbuild/bin/automoc4" to "/usr/lib/qt/lib"
-- Installing: /opt/superbuild/lib/automoc4/Automoc4Config.cmake
-- Installing: /opt/superbuild/lib/automoc4/Automoc4Version.cmake
-- Installing: /opt/superbuild/lib/automoc4/automoc4.files.in
[  0%] Completed 'automoc'
[100%] Built target automoc
~/src/kde-git/superbuild/test$