frameworks branch now requires CMake 2.8.6 RC 1

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 08:03:15 UTC 2011

Hi,

CMake 2.8.6 RC1 is now out.

http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/158

As discussed at Randa and on kcd, I've just now made the frameworks branch
depend on it.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/71436/focus=71599

I'll bump the requirement again next week when RC2 is out. You can either
use the RC1 version or cmake master for now. As the required version will be
rolling until 2.8.6 stable is released, it probably makes sense to use
master.

CMake 2.8.6 has a few things we're interested in, namely feature_summary,
which replaces macro_log_feature, and AUTOMOC support built in.

Unfortunately the AUTOMOC feature has tiny a bug which makes it unusable
(generated moc files are put in CMAKE_BINARY_DIR instead of
CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR), but which is fixed in the RC2.

Please test out the new cmake in general, and the feature_summary stuff in
particular. The formatting of the output of feature_summary is not great,
but can be improved. See the feature_summary_formatting branch in cmake
stage if you want to improve it.

Thanks,

Steve.