SuperBuild needs kdesdk scripts first

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Wed Aug 24 20:31:17 UTC 2011

Hello,

After restarting my system with binaries compiled with SuperBuild, I
find out that I can no longer compile because makeobj is missing.
My previous session had it from the kdesdk installation (or from
OpenSuSE's KDE packages - but I uninstalled them all).

kdesdk is still in the SVN repository. I added this line in my local
kdesupport/CMakeLists.txt file:
sb_add_project(kdesdk SVN_REPOSITORY
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdesdk DEPENDS Automoc4)

However, it won't build as this line also needs makeobj.

I grabbed the kdesdk sources I already had on my system and started
compiling them only to see it stopping somewhere in the middle.
kdesdk/scripts won't build neither as it also needs makeobj (!!).

In conclusion, makeobj script should be present on the system before
SuperBuild starts compiling.
What would be the best place to put it in?
Maybe we should add some prepare step to superbuild?
Or modify build-kdesc.sh script to get it install makeobj first?

--
Valentin Rusu (IRC valir, KDE vrusu)
KSecretsService (former KSecretService, KWallet replacement)