SuperBuild: Setting a git URL of your choice

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Aug 22 21:17:24 UTC 2011

On Monday 22 August 2011, Allen Winter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I just commited a change to SuperBuild so you can now set the git URL of
> your choice. In particular, you may want to use "kde:" instead of the
> default "git://anongit.kde.org".
>
> So first git pull and update for superbuild repo.
>
> Next, edit the GlobalSuperBuildOptions.cmake file and uncomment and modify
> the line set(SB_GIT_URL "kde:" FORCE)
> as you desire

I'm not sure I like that.
As it was, I simply copied the git URLs from projects.kde.org and pasted them
there.
It looked like:
sb_add_project(klettres   GIT_REPOSITORY git://anongit.kde.org/klettres)

Now it looks like:

sb_add_project(klettres   GIT_REPOSITORY ${SB_GIT_URL}klettres)

which IMO looks significantly less straightforward and more "magic".

I have this in my .gitconfig, which seems to make it work for me:

 [url "git at git.kde.org:"]
    pushInsteadOf = git://anongit.kde.org/