"Splitting" CTestConfig.cmake files when migrating to git

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Aug 11 19:47:55 UTC 2011

On Monday 08 August 2011, Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> As you may know, kdeutils is in the process of migrating to git. One of
> the issues I'm facing right now is what to do with the CTestConfig.cmake
> file that currently exists in the top-level directory.
>
> Is there any way to keep all the tests under the "kdeutils" umbrella in
> my.cdash.org or should I create a separate project there for each
> application and then add a CTestConfig.cmake in each directory?

One for each I think.
This has the advantage, that then application developers can subscribe to just
the application they are working on, and get only those emails, instead of
emails for all of kdeutils.

Most/all of the KDEUtilsNightly.cmake scripts are very similar.
Maybe something can be done so such a script would simply look like more or
less the following ?

set(GIT_URL git://... )
set(NAME Okteta)
include(GenericKDENightlyScript.cmake)